Friday, March 7, 2008

Indie Rock+Karaoke+Victory Pilsner+Patrick Swayze Cancer Jokes=Triumph!

So last night I went to an indie-rock themed karaoke event called Karaoke Obscura. It was held at 12 Steps Down on 9th and Christian. I highly recommend it to everyone.

They have an amazing list of songs to choose from. I never thought I would get to sing Palace Music in front of a live audience. The event happens on the first Thursday of every month. I already looking forward to the next one in April. I feel bad for not getting the names of the fine folks who ran the event. The great thing about them is that you can request songs to be added to the song list and it actually happens. I'm going to request more METAL. Yeah!

On a side note, the bartender Freddie was a helluva nice guy who shared some keen insight on today's younger generation.

Oh, my favorite inappropraite Patrick Swayze Cancer lines:
"Cancer don't hurt."
-Jesse
"Nobody puts Cancer in the corner."
-TJ

No comments: